Monday, October 27, 2014

Web Interview


Web Interview

Today I participate, for the first time, in a web interview. Even though the interview was only class activity I could feel the difference between a normal interview and web interview. Most part of our communication is our body language and that is why most people preferred doing one-a-one interview. However, with web conference companies are change their way of conducting interview.

 Web interview is more relaxing environment and you have more source to help you.  You can have notes, company’s website open in the top of your screen, and you can adjust sound. However, even though you can see the person some of the body language communication is missed. Therefore, I prefer normal interview where you can express yourself in a more fully way.

For what I learn from this practice I need to improve in three areas:
  1.  Speak slowly,
  2. be more concise
  3.  more direct. 
Because the internet is a more relax environment we tend to speak more. However, we need to remember that we need to be objective, concise, and direct to the point in our answers. Also, When a get nervous I tend to speak faster. So I will, control my speed better and try to nauseate better my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment