Saturday, September 27, 2014

When Challenge Comes, The Time to Prepare is Over



This past week I learn the importance of not just be prepare, but to be EXTREMELY prepare for everything. As most of you know this past Thursday was the STEM Fair. I past the whole week preparing my resume and my "pitch" to see if I could get an interview for an internship. Thursday morning I woke up and dress up for the fair. I was feeling very confident about myself during the fair until I went to talk with Walmart. I start talking to them about my qualities and skills that I have and how I could add values to the internship. But suddenly he cut me and asked with I could do some computer coding. I was surprise with his offer and I accept. He gave me a simple task to just create a code to reverse the word WALMART. When a grab the pencil and mind blanked. I tried to do but I could not remember how to do it. After I few minutes he stop me, I thanking him and left. I felt super disappointed with me the whole day.
 
What? I learned that we need to prepare for everything, I never think “This will not happen to me.”

So What?  As we prepare for career fairs, test, interview, and hard moment in life we will be ready for everything and we will not feel disappointed with ourselves.

Now What? I will prepare more for interview, presentation and test because you never know that they can ask you to do.


3 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens! My mind has blanked under pressure plenty of times. But being prepared definitely always helps, you can never be too prepared! I hope you are able to find an internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! One time I had to memorize a poem for my English class and recite it to my professor. Before I presented it I thought I knew it all, after all I could recite it word-for-word. But when I went to find her office, I got lost and started stressing about making there in time to present and catch a flight home soon afterwards. When I finally found it, everything that I had memorized was gone. I couldn't remember anything. It made me learn that it is so important to make sure you are fully prepared beforehand. I definitely learned from my mistake. I'm sorry you had to go through something similar, and hope that you have success in finding an internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have those humbling moments, don't we? I think they are God's little ways of telling us that we cab be better than we currently are. Good luck with your next networking experience.

    ReplyDelete