Friday, September 19, 2014

Job Interview

















Job interview was always a big challenge for me and still is. Since, I came to the US the thing that always made me nervous was to talk in English. I now that to learn a language you need to talk but for me it is a challenge. After a few months in the US my English start to improve and I started to feel confident with it, until I went to my first job interview. It was on Pizza Pie Cafe, I was super prepared, confident and happy for the opportunity. When a sat down with the manager and he start speaking, I felt that he was speaking another language. Even though my interview was super bad I got the job. The next interview that I had was not different, I felt nervous, unprepared, and incompetent for the job.

Today I learn in one of my class how to prepare for a job interview in less than 20 minutes and was super helpful. I did not try those techniques yet but I will try them in my next interview. I know that those technique will not change how I am. However, it will help me and those that get super nervous during a job interview.

  1. 1  Already know Your Resume and Me in 30 Seconds
  2. Already understand how to answer Behavior-Based Interview Questions
  3.  Go to Employer’s Web-site -- Do the homework
  4.  Download the job description, place it side by side with your resume and check for your strengths and weaknesses
  5.  Find your Inside Contact and ask question about the company and position.
  6. 6  Interviewer questions – Asking them for advice
  7. 7  Pray Always and Be Believing (Thank You Notes)


I will post how my experience was in a next post so you know if works or not.



1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time in job interviews, even with english as my native language! I'm very impressed with your ability to learn a second language so well, but to try to learn it better. That list at the end is something that everyone should go over before they interview, no matter what language they speak!

    ReplyDelete