Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Networking Event


WHAT??? Today I went to my first networking event. It was a Ballard Center meeting were they invite several director from the Perpetual Education Fund (PEF). They were there to explain more about PEF, trends in the world, and invite us to apply to their different on campus internships. During David’s, director of the PEF, presentation a notice how many company and people are fighting to turn our world in a better place. Most companies that I talk to is all about making profit and decreasing cost. However, their vision today was different. They were more focus on others and in selfless actions.

WHO??? At the end of the presentation I meet Jeff Robert employee of PEF. We talked about the growth of countries and the need for even more education. Also, we discussed Brazil economical policies and how PEF fits in. Those were just some of the topics they discussed. At the end of our conversation he invited me to apply and said that I would be a perfect fit for their project. He also send the most people hired by PEF comes from those on-campus internships. With this experience I saw the importance of going to networking events because there are a lot of opportunities out there.

SO WHAT????? With PEF presentation and meeting David and Jeff a notice the importance of give back to community what we received. Most people does not have the opportunity that I’m having, therefore, my duty is to give the same opportunity to others. The more we focus in others less problems we will have.


NOW WHAT??? I will not only look for big billionaire companies to inter or work for but also look for companies like PEF so what I do can change the people’s life. BYU motto is: “Enter to learn and go forth to serve” and that will be my motto too.

No comments:

Post a Comment